In CRCSD in 2019, only 82% of all students graduated in 4 years; only 73% of African American students graduated. (educateiowa.gov)
Each HS drop out costs the community nearly $300,000 in services, crime, etc. over their life span (Graduation Alliance, 2017).
Through provision of quality services, EYI will:
- Increase the graduation rate of Cedar Rapids youth.
- Reduce the number living in poverty as adults.
- Reduce crime and the number of juveniles in the criminal justice system.
- Reduce the cost of services on the community.
- Improve physical and mental health and overall quality of life.